Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms. Features of the utility include:
- Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- Audit mode and CSV export.
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- Free and open source software (GPL).
ophcrack is a free software application from the Other subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-07-29. The program can be installed on WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
ophcrack (version 3.3.1) has a file size of 5.66 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 490 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.